Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pants it will be and a prayer request

Pants (instead of shorts) it will be tomorrow for my 8 year old...I know I won't be her favorite person in the world (or the house for that matter) but it is going to be a cold day again tomorrow plus rain. One "warm" day last week and she wants to wear shorts to school. And I must defend her desire to do so with the fact that MANY others are walking around campus with shorts on, even today. Not to mention the fact that Tuesday in P.E. she slid across the gym floor and ripped a couple of holes in the knees of her Old Navy khakis...Boy she is rough. When she got in the car and showed me the damage, all I could think about was the song from American Idol that has become a hit...I am sure you have heard it..."Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground..." Well my version was "Holes in the pants, holes in the pants, ain't had 'em a month, but we got holes in the pants." All I can do is laugh about the damaged goods (pants) and buy more. So you do see that I would be all for shorts IF it made sense at all with the weather! It is kind of hard to get holes in the knees of shorts!

My dear friend, Betsy, leaves for Honduras on Saturday with our church mission team. Please be in prayer for her, the team, their families here, and the lost children of God that they will encounter. One day I too will go on a mission trip...One day! I thank God that there are Christians who can and do serve in this way.

Look out Friday, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to make that trip with you one day. What country besides "south Alabama" could handle two Helms sisters!!!! As for the pants, always remind Emma - it COULD be a dress. Maybe she needs to watch some episodes of Facts of Life from back in the day!?!!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete