Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentines Time

This is how Valentine's Day (week) looks around our home. We love to decorate for "holidays" but Valentine's Day kind of sneaks up on us each year. Any way this is the short of our celebrating this year!










"Frosted sugar cookies with colorful sprinkles" - A hit from Target at 10/$2.75. As you see there are no longer "10" in the package!









My sweet Ella after school today...Her shirt says "Bee Mine" in case you can't read it. And yes that is Hershey Kisses making her teeth a brown tint. Her dentist might not approve!









These hand towels say it all - "Be Mine", "Love" and "Hug Me". I have hung them in our kitchen each year for the past three years. They always seem to get knocked around and pulled off but keep returning year after year!







All I can say is "Pure Sin".












This is a simple banner I found at Wal-Mart. I pinned it to our kitchen curtains and my children thought we were having a "party". And yes we have toile curtains in the kitchen...not sure it is approved by the design teams or not...We had one of the girls birthday parties at our home and one of the more in-the-know moms said "I never thought of putting toile in the kitchen". So my thought was it was not appropriate, but I kind of like them so they are staying for now!
Happy Valentines Day to you and those you love!

1 comment:

  1. Your home is about you and your family. Whatever speaks to you is right. I actually think that toile curtains are right at home in the kitchen. The scenes on them are sometimes all about farms or family life in one way or the other. And, actually, I had a toile curtain in my kitchen at one time.
    Never base what you do in your home on what someone else says. The 'designers' are just like you and me...they just say what they like louder than we do! And, they become the 'experts'. The only expert I listen to is ME.
    Hope you enjoy the rest of Valentine's Week!

    Love you!

    Tonja

    ReplyDelete