Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is it Monday yet???

This has been an unusual week...maybe because it is the first week we have been back in school since the Christmas Break for a full 5-day-week, but can I admit I am glad we are out of school next Monday? Although we have only been back in school for 8 days?

Every day this week I have noticed the billboard at the church across the street from our neighborhood (a church we have never even been inside of over the past 9 years but instead drive 20 minutes past it to our church). However, the billboard itself has made a profound impact on me. Let me get the phrase right...It reads "A parent's life is a child's guidebook". Wow does that speak to anyone else? Actually I think my children need a different parent/mom to insure they turn out "right" in adulthood! I surely cannot be a good enough example for them! Oh, I pray to be that good example! I know this phrase is true and that children model our behavior, as I have seen some of that from my own children, both good and not-so-good...But I need to be reminded of this in my everyday living. I hope it speaks to you too. Church billboard signs are awesome ways of knowing if you are living right or not! HAHAHA!

1 comment:

  1. You are a fabulous mother and are doing well by your children. Their spirit and love for life and those around them is ever evident in all that they do. They are lucky and blessed to have a wonderful set of parents like you two!

    ReplyDelete