Sunday, January 10, 2010

Free Throw Shoot Out

Emma was asked to participate in a Free Throw Shoot Out here in Dothan on Sunday. She qualified through her school to represent the 8-9 year old girls from Providence. She wanted to do the competition at school but I think the fear of the unknown (what would the city-wide competition be like) almost had her backing out! But she participated and did great! And now I think she is glad she participated. The participants shot 10 baskets each and then shot 15 more baskets each. The total baskets made was their score. Well, she and another girl tied for first place and had to do 2 play offs before a winner could be determined. We told Emma that was like double OT! Needless to say Emma placed 2nd but boy were we proud of her and she had a smile on her face too! The hard part for me was not to cheer her own...the gym was soooo quiet! I am use to leaving her games with a soar throat and this time the only thing I left with was a sore tailbone because the gym bleachers were soooo hard. The other students from Providence did well too. This is a picture of the winners from her school...ages 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, Boys and Girls. Go PCS Eagles and Go Emma!

1 comment:

  1. Go my Emma - Go my Emma - Go my Emma!!!! Love you more than you will ever be able to understand and believe. The time you and I had together as aunt and niece has helped me to be the best mother I can be to "doodlebug" now.

    ReplyDelete